Looking for an experienced house demolition contractor in Geelong?
If you are, you've probably the decision to demolish your house to make better use of your parcel of land.
And it's as simple as literally knocking it down and clearing away all the rubbish and demolished material, right?
Well, it should be but it's actually not. There are some things that you must do before the house demolition actually happens. Even though we are a demolition contractor in Geelong, we take our work very seriously and follow a best practice process for every project we do.
So what things do you need to take into account before a house can be demolished?
1) Apply for a demolishing report and consent - You'll need to get a demolition permit from your local council (and we can help you do this). Some of the documents you'll need to provide are; copy of title, plan of sub-division, site plan of existing building.
2) You will need to handle the utility disconnections and abolishments first (and will need to be done by you) - That means that you will need to not only disconnect the gas and electricity (and the sewer if your architect advises so) but you will need to abolish the services too. Due to privacy laws, the owner of the property is the only person who has the authority to order the abolishment of these services. And this is done by your service provider (not the demolition contractor).
3) Tree removal and permits - If you have any existing trees on your parcel of land, you may need to obtain a permit before they can be removed. Once you have any necessary permits, you'll need to have the tree(s) removed.
4) Arrange asset protection - No house can be demolished or building works begin before you have arranged asset protection through your local council. It's basically a requirement to cover council assets like footpaths, kerbs, drains from any damage during the demolition and building process.
5) Asbestos removal - Yes, you'll need to make sure any asbestos you have is removed from your building before any demolition can commence. Read more here about how we can help with asbestos removal.
Getting your house demolished is an exciting first step in your development/re-building project. It really is a straight forward process, but just requires some mandatory steps.
When done correctly, the whole demolition process is generally done quickly and efficiently, but if done wrong, it'll take a lot longer and hold up your project. And that's the last thing we want.
We can help you with the entire process.
Just call the number below, or click to call if you're on your mobile phone.
(Click to call on your mobile phone)